Saturday, September 29, 2007

Kiddie Food

So, out of the last ten nights, Dave has been gone for eight of them--class, NYC, dinner meetings, UCF game. Which means I have to get more creative for dinner when I'm just feeding myself and the girl and when I have to do it all solo.

We've made pancakes for dinner two nights now and we've found a new recipe we really like: Oatmeal Raisin Pancakes from Sara Moulton. I didn't do the cinnamon sour cream topping and we have tried them with raisins, dried cranberries, and blueberries. My favorite is fresh or frozen blueberries but Rebekah likes them all. She also thinks she can eat 20 pancakes.

Last Friday, with Dave's dad over, I made BBQ chicken and red onion pizza and a pesto-tomato-roasted chicken-fresh mozzarella one. Tonight I again made pizza. Mom and Dad went to a local pizza joint on their vacation and had an incredible half Carne Amore and half veggie pizza. So I tried to recreate it based on her description. My version (in order): olive oil brushed on dough, 2 cloves of garlic (straight from the press to the dough), 3 thinly sliced plum tomatoes, 1 thinly sliced zucchini, chopped red peppers, about 1 cup Italian mix shredded cheese, fresh basil, ground pepper. I thought it was excellent. Rebekah on the other hand ate maybe three bites despite the fact that she likes cheese, tomatoes, zucchini, and I didn't tell her about the red peppers. Oh well. I'll have a nice lunch for tomorrow.

3 comments:

patti said...

You are amazing!
Did I tell you that last week I put three bowls on the table with spoons in them and the box of cheerios and milk?
I admire the hell out of you! xooxox P

patti said...

PS I was also thinking about you last year at the fall festival with that pumpkin under your overalls..is it really only a year??

Goes On Runs said...

yum!!!